Thursday, June 12, 2008

Toxic....




So tomorrow is the first performance of the Britney Spears cover band that I am in named Toxic. We have had only three and half rehearsals but feel almost as ready as Britney did for the MTV music awards last year, when she forgot the song and stumbled around rebounding off back up dancers and looking obscenely confused. So armed with a blonde 'party tina' wig from the celebrity wig store and an outrageously obscene plunging gold leotard I am to take the stage for the first time since myself and chemo were holding hands. Besides the constant 'bung arm' that I have held since the last chemo I am feeling relatively fresh and full of beans. So it is with an air of excitement that I will play with two lovely ladies the fantastically and musically gifted repertoire of miss Britney spears. I must say that although I haven't played the drum kit for over ten years for longer than a minute, it is the old riding bike scenario and a lot of the co-ordination is slowly seeping back into my limbs.

So this weekend is a lament to popular culture

these particular britney lyrics I feel a very close connection to due to my present dance with the chemo devil. ..........possibly not the part about being addicted.....that would be totally fucked up

with a taste of you lips
I'm on a ride
You're toxic I'm slipping under
with a taste of a poison paradise
I'm addicted to you don't you know that your toxic
and I love what you do don't you know that your toxic